Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Starting again.

I hit a healthy weight! Yay! I went from 150 to 126 pounds at 5'1. Now, my goal weight is 118.

I am rusty when it comes to taking weight loss seriously, though. Despite eating better than when I first started, the mental "tools" and strategies that helped me make life changes need some sharpening again. I've kind of forgotten them, but I'll get them back.

I may also have to face that once you hit a healthy weight, other people probably won't want to hear about it, except in weight loss communities online. I do feel that I could benefit from getting to 118, as in, more than just vanity. Other people might not see that, though, and I don't want to sound like I'm from Hollywood lol. That was a joke BTW.

Finally, my goal is no longer mainly weight loss. It is weight loss as a side goal, with healthier habits first. Having weight loss as a main goal, even though I'm at a healthy weight, seems a little excessive for me. I would love to learn more about better habits. Just because it's healthy compared to a standard American diet, and most people say it's healthy, doesn't mean it's actually healthy!

I know losing while already at a healthy weight is not a highly important life goal. Weight loss might be a highly important goal for many of us on this sub, as in people who have a lot to lose--but not me. I need something to focus on, though, to keep me going. Setting less-important goals, in addition to the important ones like career goals and being better to your family, can help sometimes when you feel a little stagnant in life.

submitted by /u/NthAccountNewMeShine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U3tAuN

No comments:

Post a Comment