Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Thanks to whoever recommended a swim snorkle!

I used to be a fish growing up, spending many hours a day all summer in a local pool or lake. I am also an avid snorkeler. I was a lifeguard for almost a decade. This is to say, I know HOW to swim. But man, it's gotten harder. And laps are WORK.

In 2019 (15+ years post lifeguarding) I started swimming laps as an add-on to exercise for weight loss. I really felt it helped.

But it was hard! I could only do breast stroke for any real length of time, and even that strained my neck. Flutter kicking with a kick board strained my neck, and crawl left me feeling like my heart/lungs would explode. But I kept doing it anyway.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I see a video of an Olympic swimmer with a funny looking snorkle thing. Then the next day, back at the pool for my first swim since march 2020, the guy in the lane next to me has a crazy snorkle thing. I think "wow, he must be an intense swimmer!"

Then the next day, someone on here recommended a swim snorkle for basically anyone swimming laps.

So I ordered one, and it was delivered yesterday as I was getting in the car to go to the pool!

I really liked it. It was still a hard lung workout, but not like sans snorkle, and my neck didn't hurt!

So, thanks! And if anyone else is thinking about it, give it a try!

submitted by /u/saurusrowrus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ACX8j0

No comments:

Post a Comment