Tuesday, July 13, 2021

There has been no honeymoon period, struggling to stay motivated

23F, 5'7", SW:148 CW: 151 GW:140

About 1 month ago I made the decision to start working out and eating better when all of my pants all of a sudden became too tight...I bought new shorts at the beginning of the summer (already frustrating) and then 2 weeks later they became too tight as well. So...here I am, starting couch to 5k, doing strength (body weight) exercises, plus taking a riding lesson once a week--I am hating my body more and my clothes fit even worse. I am working to hit 9k-10k steps daily. I feel like I am doing everything right.

I weigh my food. I count calories (goal is 1600-1700kcal daily). If I am so hungry that I have to go over my limit for the day, I have baby carrots, tomatoes, and rice crackers to snack on (still tracked). I have cut out soda (didn't drink much to begin with), drink coffee I make at home, and drink at least 60-80oz water daily. Hell, I even got food poisoning from a salad and I was sick for 48 hours, ate only saltines, chicken broth, and Gatorade zero, and still weighed the same after it was all said and done. (Not recommending salmonella as a function of weight loss, but typically you lose weight after getting sick, not stay the same).

I have only gained weight, having only seen the scale hit 147 one morning a couple weeks ago. I feel more bloated, squishy, and awful. I am not interested in doing low-carb, as it seems to instigate migraines for me, but otherwise I am willing to try anything at this point. I know I am weighing and tracking my food correctly (unless somehow my scale is broken), tracking oils, condiments, etc.

Anyone *not* experienced the honeymoon period...any ideas on how to kick start this? Or at least resolve the bloating, I am supposed to go on a beach trip in a couple weeks and I feel so awful I don't want to be anywhere near a swimsuit right now.

submitted by /u/unlucky-chicken10
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hBooHn

No comments:

Post a Comment