Friday, July 9, 2021

Weight loss made me more insecure about my body

(Hi all, new to this community! Please forgive me If this isn’t allowed)

I technically started my weight loss journey in 2019. I am 5 foot woman. I got to my peak weight of 215. And I’ve tried COUNTLESS things before; many types of diets, exercise, calorie counting, portion sizing- literally I tried everything.

Fast forward into august 2020, where the real start happened. I had gained some more weight, and was at my highest peak of 226. I had been diagnosed with PCOS the very end of 2019. The reason why I couldn’t lose weight is because of my hormones- my body was literally unable to shed the weight. So my endocrinologist had put me on a weight loss pill, which I was skeptical of. It was hard; but it worked. My body shed the weight and I helped myself more by portioning and eating healthier and training myself when to eat, while taking this pill. Fast forward to now, I am 166, and my doc lowered the pills dosage. I have excess skin and loose skin and now have a consultation made with a surgeon to see how we can fix that.

Everyone always says to me “you look so great!” “You look so much better!” “You must feel so much better!”

But why don’t I feel it? I have more insecurities now than before I even started losing weight. I don’t feel better at all. this surgery is going to be the only thing that makes me feel like myself.

submitted by /u/saramarieidk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hv1Sjb

No comments:

Post a Comment