Thursday, July 8, 2021

What do I do now?

It is notoriously difficult for shorter females to lose weight and I [18F] happen to be one of those shorter girls. At my highest weight I weighed 68 KG (Approximately 150 Ibs). I now weigh 52 KG (Approximately 115 Ibs).

I'll admit that it took me 11 months to lose this weight, and the way I did it wasn't the most healthiest of methods. At first I started counting calories (1200 calories a day) - this was arguably the most healthy way (though soon enough it became unhealthy). At first I would measure my food and everything, but then slowly I began overestimating how much calories food had, for example, "Bread is a carb, therefore high in calories, one slice of toast is 116 calories, but I'll put 200 calories in my calorie tracker just to be safe" so by the end of breakfast I had already consumed 400 calories - 800 calories remaining. And then at lunch I would eat lentils (the curry often changed) and chapatti that my mother prepared. 1 chapatti had 71 calories "But I should write 100 calories to be on the safe side" and half a cup of cooked lentils is 62 calories "But I'll write 100 so I don't make any mistakes" - 600 calories remaining. At night we often ate white rice with curry. So 1 cup of white rice is 201 calories "but imma just write 300" and then the curry for 100 calories - 200 calories left (1000 calories consumed). "Hey that's pretty good I'm going to lose weight pretty quickly" and I did, but with weight loss came hair loss, irritability, and just a total lack of energy. Because in reality for breakfast I was consuming 232 calories, for lunch it was closer to 135 calories and dinner was actually 300 calories (Approximately 700 calories consumed). And I think after a while I began to realise my unhealthy habits but I just ignored it cause I was losing weight.

But then I stopped losing weight and just grew frustrated. So I decided 2 meals a day. Breakfast and Dinner: no snacks. Breakfast was a slice of toast (116 calories) and dinner was whatever mum made, sometimes chapatti with curry or sometimes white rice with curry (135-300 calories) - 416 calories consumed. This is when I lost a lot of weight.

But then Ramadan hit (For those who don't know, a muslim thing? Where we fast from dawn to dusk - no food, no water). This is where everything went downhill, so we're expected to wake up in the middle of the night to eat and drink water to prepare for the day. To keep our energy high my mother began cooking calorie dense meals at both dawn and dusk - it was still 2 meals but I was mysteriously gaining weight (gained 2 KG/4 Ibs approx.). And I hated it, but by the end of Ramadan I had gone back to my previous weight having lost the 2 KG - through restriction and not eating as much (again). Then Eid happened (A celebration to celebrate the end of ramadan where we go to relatives' houses and eat food) but fasting had completely demolished my appetite (People say it's because your body isn't used to eating after long periods of not eating) and I was no longer hungry, I didn't eat as much but I also didn't lose energy so it was a win-win situation for me. But then I checked my weight after 2 weeks and I was still the same weight as before Ramadan and I couldn't believe it, I barely ate and I still weighed the same. What sort of injustice was this. But then a week after I had lost (3 KG and 6 Ibs) - and I cried in relief over my scale and thanked god over and over again. So now I weigh 114 Ibs, 52 KG my current weight (I think).

But the strangest thing has been happening my weight has been going from 52 KG to 53 KG and then to 54 KG and then back to 52 KG and now It's the 8th of July 2021 and I weigh 54 KG but 3 days ago on the 5th I weighed 52 KG. Did I suddenly gain 2 KG in 3 days? No I didn't, I know the answer to this questions, water retention, pee, poo it can be all sorts of things but everytime I step on the scale and my weight isn't 52 KG I feel a panic in my chest even though I know it's not fat gain, simply weight gain (influenced by a myriad of factors as listed above). But I don't want to think like this, I don't want to eat like how I used to eat, I want to enjoy food but I also want to lose more weight to reach my ideal goal.

So what do I do now?

submitted by /u/IHSAD
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3edSMFN

No comments:

Post a Comment