Thursday, July 8, 2021

An introduction post, and to hold myself accountable

Hi,

I'm mainly making this post as an accountability and an introduction post to where I am in my weight loss Journey. I'm a 5'10 M, 18, 285 lb. My weight has always been a problem, but never something that I had really tried to work on. I was very motivated and worked out at the gym before covid. I lost around 10 pounds and was 250. However, I relapsed pretty badly during quarantine. My highest that I hit was about 295 pounds. Around 3 months ago, I did a Gym one month trial thing and lost about 20 pounds, despite also eating very poorly. I had summer classes, which led to a lot of studying and neglect of my diet, resulting in going back to 280. My goal right now is to lose about 120 pounds, and start building muscle. For a normal BMI, I have to be around 160 pounds, however, I also want to build muscle. Since I'm going down to college next semester and they offer a free gym, I want to hit my weight and body goals by the time I graduate.

My main issues that I want to focus on right now is to get better at dieting. I do have an eating problem where I just feel hungry all the time, and also have not looked into a diet plan ( I want to do Keto), lose fat, and build muscle. I don't know if I am able to multi task the latter two. As of late, I mainly just do weight lifting at the gym: tricep extensions, bicep curls, shoulder presses, etc.

Some questions I have, if you have time to answer them.

  1. If I am trying to lose weight right now, should I only focus on Cardio and Hiit workouts?
  2. Should I avoid weight lifting until I hit my weight goal?
  3. I want to slim down the size of my arms, stomach, and face. Is this fat lost over time as I work out, or is there a way for me to target those specific parts first?
  4. Do you have any advice for dieting? I am a pretty compulsive eater and have a hard time limiting how much and what I eat.
  5. Should I be worried about Loose skin? I have a lot of stretch marks on the sides of my stomach, arms, and legs.
submitted by /u/J_tnguyen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TMbvRC

No comments:

Post a Comment