Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Wife left last October and I'm finally trying to get out of my funk... I need a change... What diet/lifestyle change should I try?

Hey everyone. I'm going through a divorce and I've always heard the best way to start feeling better during a break up is to work on yourself. I want to fix a lot of things about myself, first and foremost is my weight.

These past 9 months have been rough on me mentally, but I'm slowly getting to the point where I want to be better. (You can read more about the separation in my post history if you're interested).

I'm 34 years old, 6'1", 293lbs. I recently stepped on a scale at a friend's house and was shocked how close to 300 I am. I remember back when I realized I was 250 I wanted to lose weight... Now at almost 300??? Oh man.

I do not go to the gym. I work in management at a grocery store so I am on my feet walking for anywhere from 8 to 16 hours a day, lifting, pushing, pulling, etc. I get that none of this is CONSTANT work, but I'm not really sedentary.

A few years ago my doctor told me I have a fatty liver and spleen and put me on a Mediterranean diet. Lots of fish, nuts, seeds, grains, vegetables, olive oil, some chicken, rarely beef, never pork... I tried it for a while, and I didn't see any noticable weight loss changes. My biggest issue here was feeling hungry all the time. A 'snack' portion of almonds, for example, is a handful. Like.... Eight nuts.

I think my biggest opportunity is my eating habits and soda. I have an unhealthy relationship with food, especially since my separation. We used to eat out sometimes, cook at home a lot, but now I don't really cook. Rarely, if ever. I always cooked dinner for both of us, so I CAN cook. I just haven't had the energy. Most of the time these days it's fast food or sit-down restaurant, or junk food while I work.

What would you recommend? Intermittent fasting? Calorie counting?

I guess Keto isn't really an option with my fatty liver issue...

I know pretty much all lifestyle changes are hard, but I'm hoping to avoid being miserable... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Mojo884ever
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eH6MrM

No comments:

Post a Comment