Tuesday, December 7, 2021

9 months into weight loss journey, only just found out about this sub! *a brief introduction/thank you*

Hi all,

I'll try and keep this brief, as i don't want to bore everyone to death..

I started my weight loss journey on March 3rd 2021, there was no plan to start the journey, the day isn't a special day and nothing had happened in the lead up the day to make me want to start the journey, it was a day like any other.

I woke up and something just clicked, i still don't know what was the catalyst for it, but i thought to myself "I'm going to try and lose weight". I blew the dust off my scales, which hadn't been used for years and years. I knew i had a big mountain to climb, but wasn't aware of how big it would be... i begrudgingly stepped onto the scales to access the damage.. staring back at me were the numbers "378lbs". I winced, took a moment to collect myself and thought "damn, how did you let it get to this?". I hopped off the scales and was determined to make a change.

This change came in the form of going cold turkey on everything. No more fast food, no more sugar and lots of exercise. I ordered a stationary bike (i genuinely enjoy riding bikes and thought i'd be kind to my poor knees, they've been through enough..) and threw out all of the sugar snacks/drinks that were stored in the house.

For context, i'm male, 6'4 and 32 years of age. I've literally only just found out about this sub today.. i found it by accident, like most of you have surely gone through, 9 months into my weight loss, i'm having a hard time staying motivated (which is very silly, and one of the reasons i've decided to write this tbh) so i was searching for before/after pictures of weight loss, to keep my mind straight. Which i'm happy to report, has worked and i plan on reading through every post on here to keep it that way.

I suffer from mental illness (i won't get into specifics) which is why i'm thankful i've found this sub at such a crucial time, where i could easily fall off the track and regain what i've lost. I've seen many people say "losing weight is easy, just put less food in your mouth" and "it's as simple as calories in/calories out" and of course, i couldn't agree more, they are absolutely right. The hard part, is understanding WHY we over eat, one of the biggest barriers i've shattered during this journey, is realising that if i feel like shit, eating fast food doesn't make me feel better, no more than eating an apple does. After realising this, i've managed to change my habits and not comfort eat to try and feel better. Some days are still hard, i won't lie. It's nice to be complimented by others who see me regularly and say "omg you look amazing" and other nice statements, providing validation that what i'm doing is good, but some days, it isn't enough, but that's the dark side of mental illness right? Anyway, i feel like im babbling on too much.

After 9 months, i'm currently down to 290lbs, which of course, i'm still unhappy with, as i'm still massively overweight.. but it's a start. Ive been having a hard time lately and finding this sub at this time almost feels like fate.

As such, i'd like to thank everyone who contributes to the sub, as you've all stopped me from falling off the wagon and head to an early grave, more so than you will ever know.

I look forward to reading everyones trials/tribulations and will share my own progress as the months go on, have a great day!

submitted by /u/ApproximateGuess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rFqCeh

No comments:

Post a Comment