Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Work is infinitely less miserable by wearing clothes that fit

Over 18 months, I lost 50 pounds. I was working remote for about half of that due to Covid. Then I quit my job and got a job where we are in the office. Dress code is much more formal than I’ve ever had. So, I lost 50 pounds, bought a bunch of blazers, slacks, and dresses, and off to my new job I went.

That was nine months ago. In those nine months, I’ve put on about 15 pounds of the 50 I lost. It took me over 8 months to admit it, but I finally did. So I finally, FINALLY bought new clothes. I hated the idea of it for so long but I could no longer deny it when I saw a seam about to burst open in my one remaining pair of slacks.

Well yesterday I went to the office in my new, bigger clothes. And guess what? I didn’t even think about them all day. I was actually able to focus on my work instead of focusing on how uncomfortable my clothes were.

For months I thought I was uncomfortable because I’d never dressed so formally. Turns out, it’s that my clothes were simply too tight.

It may be obvious to some people, but this was a revelation to me.

Now that my thoughts are no longer on my clothes being uncomfortable, I have more mental space to track calories and focus on the habits that helped me lose those 50 pounds in the first place.

TLDR: if you got a new wardrobe post weight loss but now those clothes feel snug, bite the bullet and get a few pieces that fit correctly. Freeing up the mental space is so worth it.

submitted by /u/Professional_Fan8690
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pCAv9F

No comments:

Post a Comment