Friday, December 3, 2021

Family (who never struggled with weight) putting me down for taking phentermine

My family is naturally skinny and never struggled with their weight

Listening to my fashion blogger sister call herself a fat whale definitely stings, but not as bad as opening up to them about my struggles with food and hearing "it's all about balance" by someone who thinks being 125 pounds is "big"

I rapidly gained 80 pounds from depression and using food as a coping tool, I didn't know how powerful the addiction could be. I fell into a deep hole.

I hired a doctor, dietician and therapist this month to help me get my life back after years of trying and failing on my own.

For the first time in years I was feeling hopeful because the pills I am on help me control my cravings and I feel liberated and happy. When I told my family about it they shunned me for taking pills and told me they "don't believe in them" which hurt me a lot.

It is very humiliating to admit that you have no control and need help in this way, I know it's on me to maintain the weight loss and that is why I am seeing a therapist to help me work through my mental issues when it comes to binging.

I just want to cry, I wish I never told them. They don't understand how painful it is to lose control of yourself and your body. And for me to finally go through a day without obsessing over food was the first time I felt something in years. I literally pulled myself up out of bed, pulled my big girl pants up and admitted defeat... It was time to call professionals.

And although I am still hopeful, I am just really sad that my family cut me down when I was finally feeling good. They aren't awful people, they just don't get it.

submitted by /u/Kikithekoala
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ppAaY7

No comments:

Post a Comment