Thursday, December 16, 2021

Finding motivation when you’ve once reached your goal and lost it

How do you find motivation if you’ve already achieved your goals once and then lost them? I’m on my second weight loss journey and I’m finding it harder than my first to get motivated.

The first time, I was in my early 20s and excited by the unknowns of how my life would change by losing weight and becoming fit. I achieved goals I thought were impossible as an overweight and inactive teen, and kept the lifestyle up for several years. Mentally I was usually able to find motivation to work out really hard and keep going. I became kind of addicted to it.

Fast forward to 2 years ago when life crap and COVID hit and I stopped cold turkey. I slipped into a lot of bad habits I had as a teen and am in worse shape than ever before. Recently I’ve been trying to get back on track but I find the motivation and excitement I once had is much harder to find. Part of it feels like because I already experienced what the “fit me” would be like, and it didn’t fix everything. I’m a lot more jaded now and things just feel kind of pointless. I really want to lose the weight — and the muscle memory is there, but I’m just giving up a lot more easily.

I think if this was my first attempt at losing weight I’d be really curious and motivated to discover the healthier and more confident me underneath all this for the first time. But that spark is gone. How do I get it back the second time around? Can anyone relate? Does this even make sense?

submitted by /u/Ok_Bite8099
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ywcvt2

No comments:

Post a Comment