Thursday, December 16, 2021

The only time I lose weight is severe carb restriction and I hate it

I feel so frustrated because I've done CICO, I exercise regularly. My workout schedule is

Monday, Wednesday, Saturday: walk dog 3 km (minimum but up to 5k), swim laps for 20 minutes

Tues, Thursday: strength training

Sunday: walk dog or rest day

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm at a deficit, the only time I have lost fat is keto. I don't enjoy that long term, but the weight creeps back on immediately when I add carbs back in, even gradually. What makes it difficult is strenuous exercise triggers migraines for me so I can't lift ad intensely as I'd like, and because of it I can't keep up with the weight gain. I was 156, I'm at 170 now and I think it will keep climbing and I'm so, so stressed about it. The last several weeks I've eaten so strictly and kept up with this momentum on exercise yet the weight just keeps coming.

Does anyone else have this issue? It seems like carbs, healthy or otherwise, seriously impede my weight loss even in moderation

submitted by /u/Tolaly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IWuMEx

No comments:

Post a Comment