Saturday, December 18, 2021

How should I be eating? Down 85lbs in 4.5 months, but not sure my diet is ideal.

Started at 480 around 4.5 months ago, currently a little over 393 and steadily dropping. Feels weird saying a weight in the 300’s, wow. Never wanna go back to the 400’s ever again, under any circumstances- I cannot yoyo. Anyways. This didn’t all come off just via diet— you’ll see soon how imperfect it is—, but via a ton of hard, painful, excruciating hours boxing and in the gym. It was finding boxing that ignited this great big change- it was the first activity (probably the most physically demanding one, no less) I ever found in my life which I actually could tolerate. First session was a world of pain and soreness and discomfort, and normally I’d have quit right after, but there was something about it that kept me engaged and left me obsessed. I adore it. From the start, my coach tried to incorporate some strength and conditioning, but eventually I started going to a gym for that stuff, as well as to just keep active on my days away from him. Currently I go six days a week, usually for between 1.5-2 hours, mixing a wide range of exercises, sometimes boxing and weights and bike/tread, sometimes no boxing. At the beginning I was extremely strict with the diet and the weight was just flying off. Now I’m still strict and still maintaining an 18:6-20:4 (usually 19:5) IF unless there’s some social event I’ve gotta break it for (and yea, I’ve got to... don’t wanna be that guy lol), but not as strict as before. I plateaued around 400 for almost a month because my weekly cheat was just too much. Then I just took out the weekly cheat for now and am back on track- totally fine with no cheat as lately I’m not so perfect anyways and might have things folks might consider a small “cheat” every few days regardless. I did a drastic calorie cut from what I’m assuming was around 4,000 cal a day before if not more to about 1,500-2,000 when starting this new lifestyle. Some days I barely broke 1,200 honestly- bad, and not sustainable, I know. Nowadays I’m around 2,500 most days but try to keep lower. Usually just two higher cal meals and maybe a snack (usually a fruit). Usually two eggs and a meat and some veg for breakfast and then second meal can be anything reasonably healthy, but I try to keep healthy as possible.

My question is if I should be eating more protein or fibre or anything specific, and avoiding anything altogether? Doing the weight stuff I’m assuming I should be having more protein but what about the extra calories and fat that brings? Just trying to dial it in more and figure out what I can do/change to benefit my progress more, not necessarily to expedite weight loss since it seems to be going well, but more so to make sure muscles are going well and such.

submitted by /u/morbidhack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mgagoF

No comments:

Post a Comment