Saturday, December 18, 2021

When youve spent the whole year being stuck between the same 16lb over and over

Despite losing half of my body weight vja calorie counting for the first 2 years of weight loss, I decided tp be a dingus and stop counting. Why? Because I had grown sick of having to count every little ingredient in whatever I made.

Turns out that was a horrible mistake. I had to learn the hard way that CICO doesnt actually teach you how to eat without relying on numbers. As soon as I stopped counting, i either maintained or gained. I had hit 183lb what seems like forever ago, and then I actually went all the way back up to 199lb. I was devastated.

It didn't end there however. My weight went up and down continuously for the entire year. Never making any sort of progress. Despite getting a gym membership this year, while going there daily, I wasn't able to burn off what I ate. It actually took me this long to understand my errors.

It took me two weeks before the year ends to realize that my diet was trash. Why i never realized until now? I thought I was eating healthy. Despite not having takeout for a whole year, I still managed to overeat on what is considered healthy foods.

I love fiber filled foods. But the fact was, I was still eating too much of said good thing. Which of course is just as bad as having too much of the bad stuff. A lot of people tend to not get enough fiber, while I ate so much that i bloated in pain. Yikes.

Not to mention the amount of carbohydrates I was consuming daily as well. Fruits, veg, oats, beans, seeds, yeah so it turns out, those things can make your blood sugar go up and make you crash just like an energy drink. In which made me hungry so fast and made me eat constantly.

I seriously want to slap myself for this dumb mistake. I may have went from almost 300lb to the 190's, but apparently that didnt mean i knew how to eat right. I guess this is where people get the idea where youd just gain the weight back after losing it all. I just seemed to have this issue appear right smack in the middle of my journey instead.

I recently just cleared my mind and started to prep and learn how to eat properly. I started to focus on eating a lot of protein & fat. While only eating a low amount of carbs. Upon hopping on the scale earlier today, I was 194lb. To which gave me such a relief from the last time i had checked a while back. Which was 199lb.

Life lesson Calorie counting is just a tool to lose weight quickly. It doesnt teach you how to prevent overindulgence. you have to rewire your brain to eat right. Following some fad diet will not help you accomplish that. Try to find that balance of nutrition, so you dont end up making your diet 80% carbohydrates. Its easier said then done but you have to try and learn. Otherwise the weight gain will continue.

submitted by /u/Frosty_Yesterday_343
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/321YW93

No comments:

Post a Comment