Wednesday, December 1, 2021

From July 1, 2021 to Dec 1, 2021. 5 months, 55lb down! Thought I'd share some progress.

https://imgur.com/1468UNv

Above is a link to my progress photo (face not shown for privacy haha), the first photo was taken of me in late June of this year and the second photo is from today! I cannot believe the phenomenal progress I have gone through over the past five months. It is truly incredible how different I look and feel from when I started my weight-loss journey on July 1 this year. I remember being so nervous to weigh myself on that first day, and was so disappointed knowing that I clocked in at 220 pounds at 5'6. I was miserable, my feet would hurt if I stood too long, and my clothes wouldn't fit. When my friend took that photo of me before I started my weight loss, it really clicked in my brain that I wasn't just a little overweight, it wasn't just bad angles or bad lighting, I truly was fat. And it was awful.

I decided it was imperative for me to lose weight. I had a goal of losing 100 pounds as fast as I possibly could, and felt that I could never enjoy my life otherwise. I still have that goal, and plan on losing more weight at a slower rate until I reach that end weight. Through a ton of exercise before and after work and strict intermittent fasting hours, I was able to get to a much lower weight and be able to look like this today. I am still about 10lb overweight, the "normal" BMI range for my height starts at around 155, so I still have a ways to go, but I am still in shock at how much I have progressed both physically and mentally during this journey.

Another achievement I want to share, on Thanksgiving morning I ran my first race in over like four years! I used to run a lot in high school but obviously I gained a ton in college and got super out of shape. The race was an odd distance, it was like 4.8 miles (so a bit longer than a 5k) and I wasn't expecting to do well but I was able to run the distance in about 41 minutes, which qualifies me to start the race next year closer to the front of the crowd! I cannot believe that someone who was obese just five months ago was able to run a distance like that without stopping and actually get a qualifying time! On top of that, the race was a super fun thing to do and I might try and wear a silly costume for it next year like some people do, haha.

I really hope that this post motivates you if you're just starting out or at a tough spot in your weight loss journey. There are obviously highs and lows, but I promise you'll really see a difference if you keep working at it and trust the process. I am nowhere near the end of my weight loss and I want to continue my progress, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate how for I've come so far!!

submitted by /u/thelilbel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d7M5nH

No comments:

Post a Comment