Tuesday, December 7, 2021

How do you fight food addiction?

The scale says 200lbs today. I'm heartbroken and I feel defeated. I used to be 121lbs but I keep going in the opposite direction.

I think I'm addicted to food and I eat my feelings whenever I'm stressed or sad. Currently, I had 3 lbs of food for breakfast before work because I can't stand the toxic work culture environment.

Things I've tried:

  • Crash or snake dieting. Didn't work because I would binge on the off days.
  • Invisalign diet. I literally purchased an entire Invisalign plan because you're not able to eat with the retainer. So, I purchased a Vitamix and only had healthy smoothies (no sugars, milks, or creams added, just fruit and vegetables with flax oil). I gained 15lbs.
  • Going to a weight-loss gym. I received a letter offer for $75/mo for a 30-day gym trial. Cool! I went there and everything was great, but the salesman attempted to push my card for a non-promotional amount, $800 for 6 months "just to see", and it overdrafted my account at the time. I never went back.

I have a friend who is into weight loss. She mentioned to get an Apple Watch because I can join communities on there that lose weight together, and it may help tracking my progress in real time.

I don't know what to do. I'm ashamed and frustrated with my body and my choices.

submitted by /u/bobcats2002
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dsXQVJ

No comments:

Post a Comment