Wednesday, December 15, 2021

I lost 27 lb this year "unintentionally".

I just checked the scale and was surprised to see it was much lower than I expected. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't felt like I'd lost any weight, but looking at photos from the beginning of the year, it is evident that I did lose some weight. I hadn't checked the scale in months. Four months ago, I was 27 lb heavier than I am now.

I am just now starting to take weight loss seriously by committing to the gym and calorie counting. But I have to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that my smallest lifestyle changes this year led me to losing 27 lb. I had never been successful in all my past dieting attempts. I would always lose motivation and gain all the weight back (and some). So it's funny how when I stopped dieting, I began to see changes.

I think the most notable change in my lifestyle has been getting a job and going to school in-person after a year and a half of quarantine. I know this sounds crazy but I didn't work out at all. I spent most of my time sitting or in bed. I also stopped ordering food via delivery (primarily because I'm broke lol). And I started exercising for the fun of it. I would exercise 2-3 times a week (nothing crazy). I would do all sorts of fun activities that I enjoy like hiking, climbing, walking, etc. I didn't exercise to lose weight but because I enjoyed it. I've noticed that I'm happier now and I don't get out of breath walking up the stairs lol.

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-dieting. In fact, I just started a diet right now. I guess the point of this post is to say that the smallest changes really do make a difference over time. I began to lose weight when I stopped punishing myself and restricting myself and instead focused on building sustainable habits.

submitted by /u/geminitwinn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DWbviP

No comments:

Post a Comment