Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Feeling pressure to get bariatric surgery because I feel like I won’t get results otherwise?

I’ve lost about 50 pounds in six in months. My highest weight was 300 and I’m currently at 240. My GW is 180ish. I’m a 5’9 26f with PCOS. (Which if you don’t know about it comes with insulin resistance and makes it much more difficult to lose weight, easy to gain it)

I keep seeing transformation before and afters of women who look like me then become completely different people through extreme weight loss. I get super pumped thinking yeah! I can do that too. And then it’s ALWAYS people who have gotten the surgery. Literally every single one.

It feels like it’s the only way to truly lose weight and keep it off. Like what I’m doing is just so so so slow and I won’t lose as much weight that they do. I don’t wanna get diabetes or be fat forever (hence the 60lb weightloss) it feels like surgery is the only way I can be sure that I don’t get sick and die from obesity. I’m feeling very discouraged.

submitted by /u/Additional-Narwhal32
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IWuRIG

No comments:

Post a Comment