Thursday, December 2, 2021

Increased my steps and still no weight loss

I’m 27/F, 5’4, 210lbs. I gained ~16lbs over the duration of covid lockdowns. I was fighting to lose weight at 194 lbs in beginning of 2020….

I’ve always struggled with my weight. I was always heavier than my classmates even as a middle schooler.

All my life I’ve tried to lose. The only time I’ve ever been successful was in college because I wasn’t eating… I lost weight the first few weeks of school BC the food was so foul and I was struggling being away from home for the first time in my life.

Once I got comfortable at school the weight stayed off mostly because of all the walking I did around campus.

I graduated in 2016 and have only ever gained weight from there. I’ve had blood work done, nothing is ever wrong. My blood pressure is fine.

I exercise 4-6 days a week. Even during covid I used the equipment I had access to to workout. Lots of walks, lots of kettlebell training, jumprope, etc. but other than my hour long workouts I was sedentary.

I decided to cut the crap and watch what I was eating better. I cook 99% of my own food. I focus on lean meats, veggies, fruit, lowfat dairy, and colllex carbs with occasional drinks/treats.

I don’t drink alcohol during the week, but I’ll have a few drinks with friends on the weekends.

I lift for about an hour 4-5 days a week, and I just started a new job where I’m getting 8-10k steps a day 4 days of the week. This is a MAJOR increase from the barely 4K I was taking before.

TDEE calculators have me at 2500cals for maintenance because I’m moderately active.

I eat anywhere from 1700-2100 (depending on the day- I tend to sit around 1800 on average) Either way they’re both within my deficit range and I’ve had ZERO weight loss. I bounce between 208-212lbs consistently. Even if my maintenance was only 2000, eating at 1800 is a deficit along with my activity level …..

I cannot add any more activity, doing so would just be unsustainable for me. I want to be realistic in how much time I spend at the gym. But I’m getting frustrated.

I am really going to give up. If I only ate 1500 Cals a day I’d be STARVING. I don’t think weight loss is gonna happen for me

Edit: for anyone who will say I should cut the alcohol completely, I literally see my friends once a month. Being able to go out and have a few drinks is something everyone should be able to do in a balanced way. I’m not going to sit there drinking water because I want to lose weight that badly. My efforts the other 29 days of the month SHOULD be providing me some success

submitted by /u/anonymous_anxiety
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IcWjkN

No comments:

Post a Comment