Thursday, December 2, 2021

Had a mini epiphany

So about mid-October I seriously committed to losing weight and bettering my health. Since then I’ve lost 20 lbs. so far, it’s been pretty easy. I mainly do CICO, with no major restriction of foods (I’ve been vegetarian for years and I cut out any beverages except coffee, tea, and water, but other than that I eat whatever I want within my calorie budget). It’s been surprisingly easy to stick to. I still eat delicious food and haven’t pressured myself to work out, so it feels doable and sustainable.

However, I noticed that this week for the first time I’ve been really struggling. When I got off work, despite having healthy meals prepped in my fridge, I’ve found myself ordering takeout and eating quite a bit more than I should. My mental health has also taken a hit this week, despite doing extremely well lately.

At first I thought it was just an inevitable pitfall of weight loss (it can’t always be a breeze, right? Lol). But suddenly today I realized something: my sleep schedule has been abysmal this week. I’ve gotten only about 5 hours each night. This is mainly due to staying up late to read a new book series I’ve gotten really into so it’s definitely my fault and easily correctable, fortunately.

I know they always talk about how important sleep is for weight loss, and I’ve certainly learned that firsthand this week.

Get enough sleep, everyone!

submitted by /u/lets_lose_it
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3GeSEBr

No comments:

Post a Comment