Friday, December 10, 2021

Just trust the process even if sometimes it's hard and doesn't seem to work.

This is a simple reminder from my experience, more specifically this week.

Since I started this journey 3 months ago, I have been losing 2-2.5lbs/week (More at the start thanks to water weight) and in 3 months I have learned a lot about fitness, human body, nutrition, etc.

That being said, IF you actually count/weight your calories and track them and OPTIONAL IF you workout, you will get results garanteed.

Here's my week and why I'm making this post today.

As I said, since I started this journey, I've been on a steady 2 lbs /week minimum. I've only had 1 week of 1lbs about 1.5 month ago. 2lbs a week is nice, but it did trick my brain into expecting a standard of 2 lbs a week or else I'm unhappy about my week, I know, I know, I gotta work on that mental aspect of it, but that's where I'm at right now. Now that being said, this week was a particular one. For once in 3 months I haven't been on top of my nutrition. Very little amount of protein, barely any chicken, lots of carbs. I remained within my deficit, but it has been a tougher week overall for some reason.

Now to add on top of that, I normally workout daily except on saturday which is my break/ski day. Well, this week, I also slipped with my workouts. I never skip my weight lift day since they're every other day, but on my off days, I still do my daily cardio. I did my cardio/lifting monday, but tuesday I didn't go. I felt like shit for not going, but I brushed it off. I went on weds and also yesterday because not going tuesday felt AWFUL.

Now why the nice title about trusting the process? See, I log my weight every friday, BUT I do weight myself daily every morning, and also post workout in the evening (I lose a lot of water weight during my workout so it's interesting to see how much I lose) Now I started the week at 290.6 so my "goal" for this week was to hit that 288. All week when I would weight in myself, I'd never break that 290, even post workout with all that water weight loss. I was frustrated, but I reflected back on my nutrition for the week, how I skipped a workout and I really was mad at myself, but I was holding myself accountable of my actions even if I was still at a calorie deficit. On weds and yesterday, I pushed myself extra hard during my cardio and weigt lifting. I weighted myself yesterday evening post workout, I had hit 289.4. It wasn't my 2lbs, nor my regular weight in time, I knew it was water weight, so I didn't think anything of it other than the satisfaction for a brief moment to reach the 280s. Drank lots of water post workout as I always do and went to bed. Now THIS MORNING though. 288.2. -2.4lbs.

My point being, I, no WE, those of us that sometimes doubt in the process, need to just trust it. I was at a deficit all week, I only missed 1 workout, even if the scale didn't move that much all week, in the end, it did, and I reached my weekly goal. It is a tough journey, mentally more than physically imo, but once you're through the mental hurdles of that "hell" I think what's on the other side is going to be amazing.

Keep on pushing, keep on grinding. 1 day at the time we'll get there.

submitted by /u/Noktawr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31OkGVs

No comments:

Post a Comment