Sunday, December 5, 2021

yo-yoing -- how did you stop once and for all?

I've struggled with body image and eating since I was a kid. Was a thin, athletic kid, have just always thought I was fat which has led to a messed up relationship with food. For the past 4 years, my weight has shot up and down constantly, a range of 30lbs or so. It's so frustrating, not to mention probably really unhealthy for one's body. This past summer, I was borderline underweight. Started bingeing a lot once school began, now I'm back up close to my highest weight ever.

The clear answer is healing the relationship with food and my body, and I want to. I've been through countless disordered eating behaviours and I'm sick of it. And I'm sick of my weight changing all the time, because I feel like a totally different person depending if my weight is higher or lower. I just need some sort of constant in my life lol. I always seem to self-sabotage by bingeing, so I'm assuming sustainable weight loss is the answer, the problem is I just don't know how to do that anymore. My body has forgotten how to listen to itself.

So, if you've been able to stop yo-yoing, and lose a few pounds and finally keep it off, how did you do it?

submitted by /u/throwaway0531163
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dofxWo

No comments:

Post a Comment