I'm a 42 yo, 5'3 female. Today I had my yearly physical and feeling discouraged.
Last year at my physical, I weighed in at 172 pounds and had borderline high cholesterol. I was also started on high blood pressure medication.
Today I weighed in at 139 pounds which I know is about a 19% weight loss. I've lost it slowly over the year. Started out at about 5 pounds per month and now about 1 - 1.5 pounds per month. I have gone 260 days getting in at least 10,000 steps per day. I walk about 2-3 miles on the treadmill every day. I started strength training about 2 days a week 1.5 monthd ago. I mostly eat about 1300-1400 calories per day. Sometimes more if I go out with friends or family. I have also really decreased my red meat and dairy consumption over the last year.
Today at my provider's visit, she did not mention anything about weight loss. I'm not sure she even noticed it in the chart. About 4 months ago, I had to decrease my blood pressure medication because I was tired frequently. Today I wanted to discuss doing a trial without it which she immediately said to stay on it. My cholesterol has also increased since last year instead of decreasing.
I feel like I've made a lot of improvements in my health the last year. Just discouraged that none of it was acknowledged at my annual physical and my cholesterol actually increased.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/B1DsWJo
No comments:
Post a Comment