Tuesday, September 15, 2026

I've tried being healthier/more active many times and always lose motivation a couple of weeks in. How to build a weight-loss/exercise routine without losing motivation?

Okay, so I (26f) am very short (152cm/4'10), so even a bit of weight gain really shows up in my physique. Despite this, Ive always been somewhat healthy and had around 52kg (115 pounds) all my adult life. This year, however, was a rough one and I gained 7kg (16 pounds). Now, I know this might not sound a lot but I feel awful, this is the heaviest Ive ever been and I want to change this.

About me: Im very good at wanting to change my life, downloading fitness apps, getting a gym membership, going for 2 runs in a week, counting calories for 3 days, and then giving up and not caring for the rest of the year. What Im terrible at is actually keeping up with this hobby/routine for more than 2 weeks. I dont even know why I quit, I just do, and it's very frustrating.

Today, I again decided to change my life and do better. I went for a run for the first time in months (5km/3miles, so not a lot, but better than nothing). I downloaded a calorie counting app but Im probably terrible at logging the food (will I get better with time?) because it says I ate 1000 calories all day, which I dont believe to be true at all. I got a gym subscription which starts in the weekend. But now, I need help in actually keeping this up.

There's that saying that to build a habit you need to do it for 21 days. I have some habits that I forced myself to do for weeks and now I cant imagine not doing (reading every night, washing my face, doing skincare...). But with diets/exercise, I just always seem to fail and its so frustrating, cause I obviously have no one to blame but myself.

So my questions are:

  1. How did you build your habit and how do you keep it up, even in bad days/periods of your life?

  2. When dieting, how do you ensure you dont lose the necessary nutrients and only cut on more useless nutrients? Im not an expert and I have no money to go to a nutritionist, so I dont know what foods I can cut or do in smaller portions.

  3. What apps do you use that helped? I love goodreads or letterboxd for tracking books and movies and in my perfect world an app like this exists for weight loss. But Ive tried a few and they just dont motivate me, theyre too complicated or all the cool things are beyond a paywall.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/lexiebeef
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hjSRmDI

No comments:

Post a Comment