So some boring but somewhat important stuff: Male, 30, 5'10 (178cm) going for a more feminine appearance and thus trying to get to 150 (68kg) pounds.
I started at 200 pounds (90kg)
Currently at 170. (77kg)
Now, I was more focused on getting my diet right with a nutritionist, way more than weight because I knew I'd take it too far. (body image issues, you all know how it is.) We worked out a good diet and I'm the type of guy who works well with a "Eat this, this, and this, and nothing but." type of diet. So two protein shakes, a high fiber cereal, two yogurts, some chia seeds, some fish oil pills, a good mixed salad, and occasionally a fiber bar to round it all at out and I was hitting like, 1500 calories eaten a day. Great! Not the point but great!
Months passed, got down to 170 pounds. I was overjoyed. All I needed was 20 more pounds to get to my goal and then really start the refinement process of turning my body into a more athletic feminine build.
Then the progress stalled out, hard. No more going down. In fact, I noticed it even went up a pound or two (in a more permanent way).
Then I did mathhhhh. Fucking mathhh. So according to the TDEE calculator, at 200 pounds, I was burning 2200 calories by breathing. Accordingly, at 170, apparently, I'm burning 1700 calories by breathing. Which means with my daily calorie intake of 1500 or so, went from a 700 deficit, to a 200 deficit. Except of course, some days I eat that 600 calorie burrito on top of my diet... which sets me back three days in total. Awesome.
Then I did so much more math. It takes, according to some general science, roughly 3500 calories of burn to equal 1 pound of permanent loss. That means it would take me 18 days (roughly) to loss 1 pound if I never cheated on my diet or 360 days (basically a year) to lose 20 pounds. Awesome. Unacceptable.
So then I of course, figured out a workout routine. I like walking. Walking is fine. Walking to the local gym and back takes roughly 3 hours total. My plan was, and is, to walk from here to gym, 4 days out of the week. (The other three days I have prior obligations so I can't do it every day). Okay sure. Ah, but wait, I did more math. After calculating my walking speed, distance, time, age, height, and all that nonsense in a calculator, it spat out that I burned roughly 600 calories from walking 3 hours. Times 4, thats 2400 calories for a week. Times 4, thats (roughly), 9600. Add in the 200 per day being burnt from diet and you get 15,600 burn. Divided by 3500 and you get 4.4 pounds per month. Or roughly 1 pound a week of fat loss. Or 5 months to lose 20 pounds if I walk 12 hours a week, 48 hours a month, and never cheat on my diet. Ughhhhh.
And before anyone is like "ah man, what about [this exercise instead]" I like walking. I can't guarantee I'll do [insert exercise] 4 times a week for even an hour but I can guarantee I can at least theoretically do the walking through a trail or in the woods for three a day.
Then comes the worry post my weight target. Like at 150, I'll be burning like 1650. The plan was always to stick to this diet permanently considering it A. tastes good and B. hits a lot of my nutrition and then add another meal on top. Because 'Everyone burns 2000 calories a day'. How foolish I was to think so. So if I do that, I'll suddenly undo all the progress I spent working towards my athletic goal. Which means I can either A. Really take up exercise as a hobby, like, really really take it up as a hobby or B. Get really used to eating my current diet and not anything else ever again if I want to maintain my ideal aesthetic figure.
What an annoyance.
(Yes I know all the math could be wrong, the calculators seem to want to give me different information for no reason, but it really painted a picture to me that this is going to take forever.)
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pM4qXYf
No comments:
Post a Comment