Hellooooo everyone
In February I weighed 102 kg (225 lb). I’m now around 76 kg (168 lb) at 172 cm (5’8”) so I’ve lost about 26 kg/57 lb in roughly 6 months.
The problem is that I lost the weight in a particularly unhealthy or unsustainable way.
Over the past several months I got heavily into the techno/party scene. At my peak I was going out 2–3 times a week sometimes dancing for 6–7+ hours straight and sometimes going to afterparties until 10 or 11 AM. There were periods where I was probably dancing for 18+ hours per week.
At the same time I started using drugs including Molly/MDMA, ketamine and other substances and I was also smoking a lot of cigarettes.
I wasn’t intentionally starving myself. In fact I used to be someone who ate quite a lot especially when stressed or angry. But my appetite basically disappeared. Even foods I used to LOVE especially fast food stopped appealing to me.
So obviously the combination of much more physical activity, partying, substances and having very little appetite resulted in a huge amount of weight loss.
I also suspect I’ve lost some muscle along the way. My legs are relatively muscular from all the dancing but otherwise I feel like I’ve lost a lot of muscle as well as fat.
I’m trying to slow everything down now. I’ve gone from partying several times a week to roughly once a month over the last few months. I’m also trying to reduce my drug use although I’m struggling with that part because I find it very difficult to say no when I’m in that environment.
My biggest fear now is what happens when my appetite comes back and I stop partying/drug use?
I’m currently very close to what I consider my goal weight. At 172 cm and 76 kg, my BMI is around 25.7. I’d need to lose roughly 2–3 kg to get below the standard BMI “overweight” cutoff. Ideally I’d like to eventually be around 70 kg but I’m much more concerned about maintaining a healthy weight than getting there as quickly as possible.
I also realized how dramatic the change has been because my parents live in Canada and I only see them about twice a year. My mom saw me in March and then again in July and she was genuinely shocked by how different I looked because I’d lost so much weight.
So I have a few questions:
Has anyone here experienced significant weight loss because of substance use, loss of appetite or an extremely active lifestyle and then stopped/reduced the substances or lifestyle that caused it?
Did your appetite come back?
Did you gain weight afterward?
If you did how much?
Were you able to maintain most of the weight loss?
How did you rebuild your appetite and eating habits?
Did you need to follow a specific diet or exercise routine?
And did you regain muscle after getting back to a more normal lifestyle?
I’m not looking for advice on how to continue losing weight through drugs or partying quite the opposite. I know that this isn’t a healthy way to lose weight and I’m trying to move away from it.
I’m mainly scared that I’ve accidentally lost a huge amount of weight through a lifestyle that I can’t/shouldn’t maintain and that once my appetite and normal routine return I’ll immediately gain everything back.
I’d really appreciate hearing from anyone who has been through something similar.
Be safe ! Love you all 🫶
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vJrsOf3
No comments:
Post a Comment