25M. Early last year, I embarked on a pretty successful weight loss journey. I was counting calories, lifting and rucking 3 times a week, and it was working. My food noise was manageable, and I wasn't finding it hard to keep to my deficit. I got to the point where people were noticing the weight loss and making positive comments, something I've never experienced before.
After switching out rucking for running in my workout schedule, I developed pain in my knees. Patellar tendonitis, or something similar. I saw a PT specialist and was given exercises, but that setback completely destroyed my motivation. I neglected my PT exercises, and then I lost access to the gym I used. I became discouraged, probably depressed too, and I've wallowed in that for the better part of a year now, undoing all the progress I had made. I'm extremely upset at myself.
Now, I've fallen into a miserable cycle: Try to get back into a deficit, keep to it for a couple of days, binge, give up until next week. I want out. I want to return to where I was, making progress and feeling genuinely good about it, but I'm stuck. The upshot is I've started regularly doing the PT exercises that I should've been doing all along, but I'm really struggling to get the other pieces to fall into place.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xDgpkcY
No comments:
Post a Comment