Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Possible metabolic adaptation? Help me keep my sanity 🥹

Hi all! Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

I’ve been on a significant weight loss journey and am down already 120 pounds since 1.5 years ago. I started by being prescribed a GLP one when I was diagnosed as type two diabetic. Immediately, I started walking and changed everything that I put into my mouth.

I wanted to stop losing muscle mass so I decided to start lifting 3 to 4 days a week on top of my steps every day about six months ago I have seen my number drop, but for how much of a deficit I am supposedly in I should be losing at a much more rapid rate. I know I am gaining muscle at the same time, but I’m getting frustrated because I should be seeing much more significant results in the overall fat loss and measurements of my body. I’m 40 years old, 6 feet tall, and about 261 pounds. I do have a significant amount of muscle on my frame. I walk between 12 to 15,000 steps per day and my total daily energy expenditure is usually somewhere between 3400 cal to 3800 cal on average. I eat roughly 250 g of protein per day under 300 g of carbohydrates and keep everything under 2600 cal.

Since my rate has been greatly reduced at which I’m losing fat, could my body be going through potential metabolic adaptation? Any thoughts or help would be incredible.

submitted by /u/NotSoLeet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZuvFHUq

No comments:

Post a Comment