In 2015, my life changed in a way I never expected. A ruptured appendix landed me in the hospital, scared, exhausted, and weighing 352.8 pounds. Standing there in that gown, hooked up to machines, I felt like my body was shutting down and my denial was finally catching up with me. That moment became the dividing line between the life I had been living and the life I knew I needed to fight for.
What followed wasn’t a straight line. It wasn’t a dramatic transformation montage. It was eleven years of ups and downs, victories and setbacks, and more frustration than I ever thought I could handle. I tried everything, diets, programs, routines, promises. I showed up with commitment, discipline, and hope. And still, there were long stretches where nothing worked. The scale didn’t move. My body felt stuck. I felt stuck.
Those were the hardest moments. Not because I wasn’t trying, but because I was, fully, honestly, desperately. And it still felt like my body was fighting me every step of the way.
But I kept going.
There were times I made progress and felt lighter, stronger, and more connected to myself. And there were times I slipped backward, regained weight, lost motivation, or felt like I was starting from scratch. It wasn’t pretty. It wasn’t perfect. But it was real.
And I didn’t do it alone.
If it weren’t for the love of my family, my friends, and my incredible husband, I don’t think I would have made it to where I am today. They didn’t judge me. They didn’t push me. They didn’t love the “after” more than the “before.” They loved me, through every version, every setback, every restart. Their support kept me standing when I felt like collapsing. Their belief in me carried me through the moments when I didn’t believe in myself.
Today, in 2026, I stand at 190.2 pounds. That number represents far more than weight. It represents survival. It represents every tear, every restart, every morning I chose to try again. It represents the man who walked into a hospital in 2015 and decided, maybe without even realizing it, that he wasn’t done yet.
This journey wasn’t about perfection. It was about persistence. It was about love. It was about refusing to give up on myself, even when the world felt heavy.
And now, I finally get to live in the body I fought so hard for.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/g63oGFj
No comments:
Post a Comment