Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Realizing that cake is just not worth it

I started my weight loss journey in July by cutting most added sugar and junk food and it had already helped a lot (before I could easily eat a package of cookies in a day). But sometimes I would eat a bit of chocolate or cake, it's fine, whatever.

I don't always count calories because I'm lazy af, I just try to be mindful of calorie-dense foods, eat a lot of salads and protein. Today, however, I logged in my breakfast (unsalted cottage cheese with a banana, a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a bit of vanilla extract) — 237 calories, pretty filling and dessert-adjacent.

Then at work my colleague, who is going on maternity leave, brought a cake and I decided to eat a small slice. 60 gram, 235 calories, very tasty but gone in less than a minute. And now I just want more cake. So pointless lmao and not satisfying at all.

Of course I knew cake is basically empty calories. But it was insightful to eat who meals with equal calories back to back and observe how they make me feel.

submitted by /u/somewhsome
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4mQqgEi

No comments:

Post a Comment