Sunday, September 6, 2026

Tips and advice for a new gym goer!

Hi everyone, I’ve tried many times to lose weight and its been such a rollercoaster. Over the past three years I’ve been studying for my masters and despite really wanting to lose weight and my weight fluctuating- I reached a point where I just gave up as I didn’t have the mental capacity to deal with it and needed to focus on my studies.

Now that I’ve graduated I feel ready to pursue this health journey since I want it to be more of a long lasting lifestyle change.

I’ve signed up for the gym and will be going for the first time tomorrow! I went for a 3 day trial recently which I really enjoyed and I mainly used the treadmill for like 30mins and stair master for 15mins (that was all i could manage!). Since I’ll be aiming to go 3-4 times a week I was wondering if anyone has any advice for how to use the gym in a way that makes it enjoyable while burning as much fat as possible. I also have some other questions like:

- do you eat breakfast before or after? What’s your go to meal in either case?

- does having protein shakes and other supplements really help with weight loss? I hate the taste of protein shakes so kind of gave up on them and not sure if they are worth the price or taste haha

- how much time is normal to spend in the gym?

- how many times on average is it normal and realistic to go to the gym? Is 3/4 times too ambitious or too little?

- is it okay to focus on cardio? I genuinely enjoy the treadmill and it’s the main reason why i signed up to the gym. Would I be able to actually lose weight if it’s the main form of exercise? I’m trying to avoid weights..

- how do you recommend maintaining motivation to go regularly? Im worried that I will get bored of it or overwhelmed and not go in the long term

Would appreciate any thoughts!! Thank you!!

submitted by /u/OwnAstronomer5876
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7sNaWtI

No comments:

Post a Comment