Saturday, September 5, 2026

Getting stronger but want to switch focus

Hello everyone!

I have been going to the gym since the beginning of the year with my wife. We go 4-5 days a week. While she is more consistent, I have been less so.

Since our journey I have lost around 20lbs, however, around end of May things kinda went sideways. We had our wedding, I started a new job, and a family member passed away. We tried to stay consistent and eventually got back to the groove of things around a month ago.

My wife is amazing, she's tracking everything and losing weight. She's lost a total of around 50lbs.

I on the other hand, not so much. I gained 15lbs back. My current job is sedentary desk job compared to my more active job previously. I'm eating okay but not tracking as hard.
HOWEVER, I am significantly getting much stronger than before we had our break. I'm breaking PRs and lifting much heavier. I am not losing weight though, I am assuming that the fat I am burning is just being replaced by muscle mass.

My question is, if I were to focus less on weight training and focus on my cardio and diet- would my muscle mass significantly drop? I would still be doing weight training but a little less. I just want to focus on burning the fat than gaining the strength.
Has anybody been in the same boat? If its better to keep my strength training and just focus on diet for the weight loss, any tips to stay more consistent?
If I were to transition my focus to less weight training, what is something I can do to not lag behind and lose all my muscle mass?

Sorry for the questions, thanks in advance for the help!

submitted by /u/Raev3n
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PgopEV7

No comments:

Post a Comment