Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Self perception 20kgs down after a break

I’ve lost 20kgs in the last year, I’ve got another 10kgs or so to go but due to travel and other commitments I’ve been on a bit of a break for around five weeks.

I’ve been maintaining - but what’s interesting is how my own self image has changed. When I got to 20kgs down I was really impressed with my achievement - I’d never lost this much before! I loved how much smaller I looked etc.

But a few weeks of maintaining and it’s like my brain has made this my new normal. I’m not particularly excited by how I look, and now all I can see is that I still have a fair bit to lose. I don’t hate how I look, but I’m not like ‘wow I don’t recognise myself’.

Also I was checking out some old photos of me over a year ago and something else shifted - I can’t believe how big I looked! That was just me for most of my life so up until recently, in my head, that was just me.

It’s so interesting what weight loss does to the brain!

submitted by /u/mazmataz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/c7PY2sO

No comments:

Post a Comment