It took me a while but after chatting with a friend I finally came to a realization. I understood that my strong emotions of feeling like I will never be adequate enough for my husband but also others was not because the medication and weight loss. It is because I am finally having to face my own insecurities. Finally having to learn to love myself for who I am and not for who I will never be.
All these years of gaining weight steadily and not taking care of myself it was easier to hide within myself and not face my own realities. I had insecurities before and I chose to shove them down and pretend there wasn't a problem. Now I'm being forced to face them and come to a peace within myself. I haven't gotten there yet but hell if I'm not trying!
For those that have dealt with this as well how have you navigated and come out the other end? Some days it's incredibly hard and other days not as much. The bad days can be really bad though and I hope to learn to cope with those more. I haven't even considered giving up because of these feelings but I'd like to manage the stress better so I can continue on my journey in a healthy way!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zZKtefl
No comments:
Post a Comment