Thursday, September 17, 2026

Update!

I made a post a while back (Maybe a month or two) about getting into a calorie deficit and cutting out meat. Since then I've lost 13 pounds!

I did have a week in there where I started over eating again, but I got myself back on track. I've avoided meat almost entirely since I last posted!

I'm so so so proud of myself and I've learned a few things as well:

1: The current cultural obsession with protein is kind of unnecessary.

The fact that every product has little text bubbles on it bragging about how much protein it has, led me to believe that it must be REALLY hard to get enough protein. I was super worried about how I was going to get enough protein without meat. Well it turns out that nearly everything has at least a little protein in it (avocados, pasta, ect.) and I only really need like 70 grams a day based on body weight. As long as I remember to a eat a good amount of eggs, beans, or a fake burger I'm usually fine. I was counting grams of protein for probably the first two weeks or so but now that I know how much protein is in most of the foods I eat I just eyeball it.

2: Eating a big breakfast because it's the most important meal of the day is such a scam lol.

Ok so this one is my opinion and it probably doesn't apply to everyone BUT I find that I'm much more hungry after like 4pm. Eating a bunch before that leaves me with very few calories for dinner or dessert, which is when I want to eat the most.

3: Giving up on the whole day because you over ate is a trap.

I know this one will be obvious to a lot of people but I when I tried to lose weight in the past I had a horrible issue with overeating and then just giving up and eating whatever I wanted for the rest of the day. I heard someone online explain weight loss in terms of weekly deficits rather than daily and it really helped me. Essentially what matters is generally eating less, one day won't have that big of an effect on your weekly weight loss. However if you eat like 4000 calories that day it probably will throw you off lol, so just set a different goal for that day (like 2000 instead of 1700) and just move on with your life. All is not lost, one day of overeating won't ruin your week, but binging will.

submitted by /u/A_Puzzled_Potato
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4qjMbrw

No comments:

Post a Comment