I don't think it's entirely down to weight loss, as my starting weight wasn't that high, but, I lost ~2 dress sizes (solid size 10 to largeish size 6), so it's not insignificant. But I think the bigger changes came from eating better and getting fit. I no longer feel tired from opening heavy doors. Yesterday I made whipped cream by hand and my arms aren't even sore today. I have way more mental energy, so I've been picking up hobbies that I wouldn't engage in before (brain games, world news, language learning). Walking and exercising a lot has had a huge positive impact on my mood (and cutting out added sugars), so I feel way more calm and happy all the time. Having better mood made me more motivated to work on myself, so I started looking for self-help materials and I am much better at advocating for myself now. It probably doesn't hurt that people do treat you a bit nicer when you're down 2 dress sizes. The positive transformation of my life has been wild.
There are a few downsides too - I kind of lost a close friend in this process because I was getting much healthier and they were not, and while part of it is I got fit and they did not (and they have a lot of barriers preventing them from getting healthier so I'm not blaming them), I think the bigger part is my mental landscape just looks so different compared with how it was a year ago.
So, I sort of just want people to know if you stick with it - eating better and getting more fit, it can really transform your life. People talk a lot about the outside changes, but if you change your outsides the insides can also change a lot as well.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4qayPJi
No comments:
Post a Comment