Sunday, September 20, 2026

Scale Stuck at 150; Help!

Hi all! I (20F) started my weight loss journey this year. I started at 188lbs in January, and am currently down to 150lbs. I'm super happy about the weight I've lost, but I would be overjoyed if I could be around 130lbs by the end of this year.

Since June, I've been in a calorie deficit, and not a small one. Most days, I'm usually at -1000 to -800 calories; I track my food very closely by doing about 90% of my cooking at home, and I track my calories burned with my Garmin (I have a Lily 2.) I've been making steady progress since June (170 --> 150) by tracking and going to the gym, and for the month of August, took a break from working out/lifting since I came back to college. I was still losing weight, and decided to go back to working out.

I've been working out consistently since the start of September, consistently going 6x a week; I acknowledge that some people may say that's too much, but I genuinely love going to the gym and it's usually the highlight of my day. I don't just go to lose weight. I've found it's impacted my mental health more positively than anything else I've tried (I've struggled with depression for the last several years), I like being able to go and get stronger, and overall I enjoy feeling healthier. However, since going, the scale hasn't tipped at all-- in fact, it's gone up, from 147lbs on the 1st of September to 151 today. I love going, but it's so frustrating (and confusing) to not see the number budge despite the extra effort I'm putting in.

Some extra things to note: I've been taking creatine lately, which I know can affect weight. For working out, I generally do light cardio, 4-5 lifts, and I tend to hit 10K steps a day. I know weight loss is a long haul, not a short trek, but before this month, I was seeing my weight go down at least 1-2 pounds a week.

Does anyone have advice, words of solace, or anything in between? Thank you!

submitted by /u/One_Ad_3689
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rAo10wX

No comments:

Post a Comment