Main Question: Should I adjust my calorie intake after becoming more active?
Hi everyone. This is my first post in the community. I am a 23 year old female and I currently weigh 162 pounds. I am 5ft. I have started a calorie deficit and started going to my university's gym since they have group classes for circuit based strength training. I have been going to the gym since Aug 20, 2026.
I started my calorie deficit on Aug 13, 2026 and I was 166 pounds. I originally had a target daily calorie goal of 1500, and I have surprisingly been meeting it. I have been eating 130 grams of protein, increased my fiber intake, and focused on eating whole foods. I haven't been feeling hunger at all really, and I usually have to remind myself to eat to make sure I actually eat 1500 calories. I also increased my water intake so that I drink at lease 82oz of water a day.
I am trying to lose fat while building muscle. Since I am a phd student, I treat the gym like a class so that is easier to mentally add into my routine. I usually do at least one 45 minute strength based class 5 times a week. I am also considering adding a 1 hour yoga class twice a week. I want to keep doing these classes until I get more comfortable with the equipment, exercises, and my form. I am sure to give myself proper rest and usually sleep for at least 7 hours a night if not 8.
Since I have become more active than I have ever been, should I increase my calorie intake? If so, by how much? I am worried about losing the momentum of my weight loss, but I am also worried that I am not supplying my body enough energy? I thought I could tell if I should eat more by how hungry I felt, but I don't really feel hungry at all. I have been overweight all my life, so I would appreciate any advice. I can't tell if I am unintentionally doing something harmful or if I am just paranoid.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rmjVpHx
No comments:
Post a Comment