Sunday, September 20, 2026

Feeling dizzy and nauseous during my calorie deficit

I’m currently trying to lose ~10 kg and I’m a little unsure whether I’m doing something wrong with my calorie deficit.

I was on vacation for a week about two weeks ago. After coming home, I started my diet on September 9th. I had quite a lot of water retention from the vacation, especially in my feet, so I know that some of the weight loss is probably just water.
Since starting my deficit, I’ve lost around 2.5 kg in total. I currently weigh 79.9 kg at 1.69 m.

I’m not completely sure about my maintenance calories, but I would estimate that my normal daily expenditure is somewhere around 2,300–2,400 calories. Over the last two weeks it was probably even lower because I’ve still been off work and spending most of my time at home.

For activity, I currently:
● Go to the gym 3x per week and do strength training
● Average around 4,000 steps per day

The thing I’m concerned about is that since around Tuesday this week, I’ve been feeling really bad. I’m constantly nauseous and have basically no appetite. Whenever I stand up, my vision goes completely black for a moment and I feel really strange/dizzy.
I also currently can’t really be a passenger in a car because I get extremely nauseous and feel really weird while riding.

I’m wondering if this could be related to my calorie deficit. Maybe I’m not drinking enough, maybe my deficit is too large, or maybe I’m missing something else.

Has anyone experienced something similar while dieting? I’d especially appreciate advice on whether these symptoms could be caused by an aggressive deficit, dehydration, electrolytes, etc., and whether I should increase my calories for a while.

I know the initial 2.5 kg loss is probably partly water weight, so I’m not expecting that rate of loss to continue.

Edit:
Current macros are mostly around 1800-2000 cal, 100g protein and 70g fat

submitted by /u/Exciting-Run-7355
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/k685naw

No comments:

Post a Comment