Tuesday, October 16, 2018

[Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: October 16th

Good day accountability friends, how are you all doing? I was thinking about how many of us have more than one weight loss attempt before we successfully reach our GW and stay there (I think I had like 5-6 total, maybe 3 serious ones before this one, which will hopefully be the final one). It's annoying, but I don't think it's a bad thing. Because the failed attempts give us data on what didn't work before and allow us to try again with a new strategy to combat what went wrong. This weight loss thing is hard. There are a zillion different ways to do it, but finding the one you can do every day is tricky. I wish I'd known about this sub years ago, I feel like understanding CICO at the start could have saved me lots of time and agony and given me better tools to assess all the weight loss advice out there. Past attempts for me included everything from eating a salad for lunch every day (I think I lost 5-10 lbs but I didn't know anything about calories then so it was just luck really), to following a diet that some researchers in the UK developed (it worked but involved crazy spreadsheets to calculate how many servings of different things I had to eat, and I hated almost all of the recipes. It was basically the opposite of sustainable for me but I did lost up to 20 lbs with it, twice). That last one taught me that if I can't eat things I like, I will never lose weight. Even now that things are going well, I'm expecting that there will be some challenges in my future when I start to maintain. So anyway, that was basically a really long way of saying, don't give up, there is value even in our failures, and this is learning experience and a journey!

For anyone new who wants to join today, this is a daily post where you can track your goals, keep yourself accountable, get support and have a chat with friendly people at times that are convenient for European time zones. Check in daily, weekly, or whatever works best for you. Anyone and everyone is welcome! Tell us about yourself and your goals and join us already :) And it's all more fun when you comment on each other's posts, so let's encourage each other too!

 

And on to the accountability part...how's your day going? Let us know how you're getting on with your goals, if you have any questions, need to vent, have a SV or NSV to share, etc. And feel free to just have a chat about how your day went! We got this :D

 

I’ll start: I'm prepping my food then heading to the allotment for the day. I hope I'll be planting winter garlics & onions (I watched lots of videos on this yesterday), building some raised beds & paths, and continuing with my clearing and manuring. I also have a ride home so I will bring back some things to cook with this week (winter squash, kale, chard, tomatoes probably). This evening I'll be cooking, browsing job adverts and online courses to take, and Skyping with a friend. Have a great day everyone!

submitted by /u/HadeanEarthWorm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QQDF6M

No comments:

Post a Comment