Saturday, October 20, 2018

If I'm consistently hitting my calorie deficits, how much does it matter what I eat (aka fast food)?

I'll try to keep this short.

I'm a 6'0" 28 y/o male who started this weight-loss journey in April of 2018. I peaked at 310 pounds and was completely disgusted with myself, so I signed up at a gym and started calorie counting.

I went from ~310-280lbs from April -> June with relative ease. Then due to some unforeseen circumstances with a close family member passing, I stopped the gym/diet all of July/Aug. I didn't gain any weight, I was eating much less, but I didn't lose either.

Fast forward to Sept/Oct, I started up again and I'm now ~270 pounds with continued workout + "diet", but I feel it's not going as fast as I'd like.

According to TDEE calculator, my maintenance calories are ~2650, but instead of doing a 500 calorie deficit per day, I've been shooting for more 800-1000. I've been achieving this 6 out of 7 days of the week, yet the weight loss isn't adding up. I'm going to be honest, I'm not dieting correctly. I'm hitting the calorie goals, but it's essentially a lot of carbs/fats/sugars still. I'll still eat a burger + fries, tacos, burritos, gyros, fried chicken, pasta etc -- almost daily. Yes, those are ~800-1200 calorie meals, I basically eat that once a day, then my "final" meal is just yogurt/granola/cereal/protein shake/whatever. Something very small and <200-300 calories. I completely cut out soda from my diet, though. Only water.

Am I completely fucking myself by doing it this way? Basically eating lots of burgers, but essentially only eating "one" real meal a day and it being pretty bad for you? I mean clearly I'm losing weight, but I'm unsure how exactly carbs, sugars, and "bad fats" slow down the weight loss, despite the huge calorie deficits each day.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/throwaway98767890092
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pa0lC0

No comments:

Post a Comment