Thursday, October 4, 2018

I'm losing it, while my friend wont listen.

First time poster - I was unsure whether this was appropriate for the subreddit but here is goes.

I'll start with saying I am currently on my own weight loss journey! After a change of routine lead me to gain 15kgs over the course of 10 months. I knew I had to face reality with a complete life style change, and as a result I have now lost 10kgs in the past few months, and only another 5kgs to go until I reach my goal weight of 65kgs.

I have done this through cutting down my calories, avoiding processed foods and going to the gym almost every day.

This has, in turn, made me a lot more receptive to peoples eating habits around me. Something I started to notice was the excuses one of my friends had been making in regards to diet/lifestyle. She has always been bigger but has recently wanted to make a change to lose 30kgs - I was so proud of her and was willing to do what I could to help, especially considering I was currently focusing on the same thing.

What i'm faced with now though, seems to be a whole lot of misinformation and excuses.

Although she doesn't exercise, she will try to relate to me in regards to meals and it is becoming really difficult not to correct her. As an example, a healthy 'weight loss' breakfast for her will consist of two pieces of white bread, 3 egg scramble, bacon, smothered in hollandaise sauce and a caramel coffee. (Not to mention the tablespoon of butter put into the pan to cook the egg).
While on the other hand, I will have an egg white and vegetable scramble with some grilled chicken for breakfast, and she will claim that it's not 'sustainable'.

She is not seeing results because of this yet each time I try to help: 'Maybe try not to put so much butter in the pan its already non stick' or 'Have you tried a different kind of sauce, one that isn't so creamy'. I'm met with a range of excuses such as: 'Eggs are good for you though'.
It seems that because she doesnt want to sacrifice oversized portions and unhealthy food choices, she convinces herself that because its not 'fast food' it must be okay.

Has anyone experienced a friend/family member being like this in regards to losing weight/eating habits before? Or if you have had the same thought process of my friend while in a similar situation, what was it that made you change your thinking for the better?

submitted by /u/LionsMane30
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IDZT9g

No comments:

Post a Comment