Monday, October 1, 2018

Maintenance Monday: It's hard not being a Loser

It's been 141 days since my weight dipped below 80kg that one time and I officially considered myself in maintenance. That's 20 weeks and 1 day, or 38.63% of 2018 (the internet is so smart).

38% of the year I've been in maintenance, and I still struggle with not losing. Not struggle as in 'oh my god this is so hard' - maintenance has been fairly easy for me to be honest - but if there's anything I do struggle with, it's that. It's seeing my 30 day trend go up by 0.1 kg (0.2 lbs) today and thinking OH NO I'M EATING TOO MUCH I HAVE TO LOWER MY TDEE. While rationally, having a trend line that's been dropping ever since 141 days ago isn't quite maintenance but just really, really slow weight loss.

I find it hard to not freak out too soon (I'm definitely freaking out too soon) because I'm so terrified of this being the start of a slippery slope. I do not want to be fat again.

It ties in with something said by u/MollyMollie in the Maintainers feedback thread a few days ago.

I would love to hear from people how they stay motivated once they've reached their goal. I was so excited to get down to my goal weight, but now i'm here it's a little boring. The fun of seeing the numbers on the scale down is gone.

There was some response in the thread, but I'd love to hear how everyone deals with this. When's the right time to freak out?


Anything else on your mind pertaining maintenance? Is your diet going effortlessly, or have the last few weeks been more of a struggle? All questions, remarks and worries are welcome topics of conversation!

submitted by /u/tgsgirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zIsjw8

No comments:

Post a Comment