Thursday, October 4, 2018

My husband finally wants to join me in my weight loss journey! This has been a struggle for too long.

I consider this a huge success, honestly. Sorry if this is long and rambly.

My husband is 6'1", and weighed in at 326.8 lbs this morning. That shocked him, and I could see the disappointment on his face. Last year he was down to under 290 thanks to the assistance of phentermine, but you can't be on appetite suppressants forever... We moved away from his doctor, phentermine went away, and of course he gained all the weight back. I've tried and tried all summer to get him to just weigh himself after I could see the weight coming back, but he wouldn't. I found out he was eating fast food every day for lunch without any idea of how many calories he was consuming.

I figured he wasn't going to start making changes on his own, so I started getting up earlier to have time to go to the gym and do my thing, come home and have time to make him a healthy breakfast and pack him a healthy lunch. We both quit drinking together, and I'm immensely proud of him for that... but, I think he (like me) assumed that cutting the wine calories would be enough to be reflected on the scale. Such is of course not the case, if you're still eating like 3000 calories a day in shit.

He watched me stop drinking juice, wine, soda, EVERYTHING except water. He watched me meal prep for myself on Sundays. He saw me getting up at 5:30 to get to the gym for C25k (I start week 4 next week!!). But I couldn't get him to at least weigh himself. His idea of a "snack" would be a peanut butter sandwich with a TON of peanut butter. That comes in at about 620 calories! No matter what I did, I could NOT get him to pay attention.

Finally, this morning, he weighed himself. He snapped at me, said he hated "that look" on my face, then disappeared to take a shower. I went into the kitchen and started to put together his lunch and wrote down every calorie that went into it. He came into the kitchen and said that he wants to start counting calories with me! I showed him the piece of paper, and told him I will help him.

We are going to do this together (thank god, so hard when a partner won't ditch unhealthy habits!). I'm going to help him with counting calories, and he's going to join me for a mile walk in the evenings (before the Wisconsin winters take over).

I want him to take accountability, because I can't lose weight for him... but this is a start!

submitted by /u/BurberryCustardbath
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P5Evw2

No comments:

Post a Comment