Tuesday, October 23, 2018

[Progress + Milestone] Don't think you can because I know you can.

When I started this journey I had it engraved in my mind that I couldn't do anything I wanted to do because of my weight. I struggled to make it up a small flight of stairs. At 280 lbs and just having a baby I had given up on myself completely. Depression weighed me down daily and I struggled to get out of bed and be a productive member of my household. I easily got sick, struggled to lift anything and just felt like a giant sack of potato's. I started my journey by eating less. The weight came off fairly quickly. In fact about 40 lbs dropped in the first few months. Then came walking anywhere between 2 km to 5 km Monday to Friday combined with eating less and another 40 dropped in a couple of months. This is where things slowed down. I started becoming very self conscious about my loose skin and didn't want to continue if this is how my body was going to look. I often compared myself to a saggy dish rag and it caused me to spiral into a deeper depression. I hovered at 200-210 for some time. Then something clicked and I decided to go on antidepressant and just told myself to suck it up. I started going to the gym 3 days a week following stronglifts. This allowed me to get down to 170 lbs. I was strong and feeling great but stronglifts was boring me so I went on over to bodyweighfitness and started their recommended routine in combination with a modified version of stronglifts.

My achievement

  • Push ups: Knees on ground 3 x 3 now diamond push ups 3 x 8
  • Squats: Bar 5 x 5 now 265 lbs 5 x 5
  • Plank: 10 seconds now 3 x 1:00 min
  • Side Plank: 5 seconds now 45 seconds
  • Hollow Hold: 10 seconds now 1:00 min
  • Pull ups: none (assisted at 140 lbs 3?) now 3 x 5 at 40 lbs assisted
  • Chin ups: none (assisted at 100 lbs about 3) now 3 x 4
  • Dips: none (assisted at 100 5) now 3 x 5 40 lbs assisted (can do 3 without assisted weight)
  • Superman: 2 seconds now 1 minute
  • handstand: NA now belly to wall 1 minute

I also run 5 km three days a week. I am very proud of this. I'm now 159 lbs and finally am noticing some abs trying to peak their way through!

Pictures if anyone is interested. Weight Loss Photo 2016 Versus 2018

submitted by /u/kittykat243
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S8I2vs

No comments:

Post a Comment