Tuesday, October 23, 2018

TSA Made Me Do It

Today I happily walked to everyone's least favorite place in the entire world, the DMV. I hold a job where I have to travel frequently and end up in the airport more than I care to admit. On my last trip, the TSA officer at both airports had comments on how I no longer look like the person in my drivers license. This wasn't the first time but to have it happen twice on the same trip was telling, it was time to go. As I was walking, I thought about the journey that brought me to today, and I wanted to share.

This whole adventure started on January 1st, and I have periodically posted in here but mostly read everyone else's comments and stories for inspiration. My face gains are the most telling feature of my weight loss, but there is so much more to life now I am able to do.

I began by simply sticking to a regimen, eating the exact amounts of calories I was allowed and taking walks in the morning to get some additional calorie burn. I ate the same exact thing for lunch for about 4 months because I could track the calories easily and it left me with flexibility for dinner. Slowly I increased the intensity of my workouts, I remember the first day I jogged for a full minute straight and could have cried from the excitement.

Now, I find myself almost normal in a "cutting phase". I wear a large/XL t-shirt and when I look around I feel my body is almost in line with everyone else. I regularly run for at least 30 minutes about 6 times a week and have just added weight lifting for another half hour to my regimen in order to maybe tone some of the loose skin. Taking protein shakes as meal supplements along with fresh vegetables has done wonders for my body shape in a short amount of time.

I've found myself addicted to exercise, as you can see above. Its MY part of the day, I always scoffed whenever I read someone say that because it never made sense. I always thought I had plenty of time to myself, but when I am exercising it's really just me and my entire body working, I can think about making myself better or work out any aggressions or conflicts I have, helps clear my day of stress, in my opinion.

The first few months were wild, I lost an incredible amount of weight in these 10 months but most of it was front loaded. The first 100 flew off to be honest, it's been a slow grind since then. But I am here to say that you can all do this, the science works, CICO works, taking care of yourself is what you owe to yourself.

See you in the gym!

submitted by /u/mklee920
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yVISmH

No comments:

Post a Comment