Tuesday, November 6, 2018

10% in 1 year

I don't have a dramatic weight loss story, in fact my total body weight has only dropped 3kg over the last year.

But I'm proud of what I've done. And I feel that whenever I want to share my achievement, people make me feel bad for it. So I'm going to share with you.

I assumed I was fit and healthy, I was a size AUS10 so it never occurred to me to get fit. Then I had a body composition scan, it was a wake up call.

I was 29% body fat, had bad visceral fat levels, barely any muscle and my bone mineral content was poor too.

So I've taken up a team sport, and got involved to a ridiculous level. Tried out for the national team for fun, and got in. Followed an intense training program for 7 months, and watched what I ate by logging macros. Saw a dietician, ensured I at enough protein and the right carbs at the right times. Lifted weights, ran sprints, and was training on the water more than ever before.

I recently had another body composition scan. Now, I'm 19% body fat, very low visceral fat levels, lean muscle mass above average for my weight/height/gender, and dense bones! I had lost about 10kg of fat, and gained about 7kg of muscle.

I don't get why people want to bring me down when I mention this, or my training progress comes up. It sucks.

I'm proud and I want to share it.

submitted by /u/LessWhenMoreNow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D9snap

No comments:

Post a Comment