Monday, November 5, 2018

22 lbs down in 3 months the lazy way (SV) [tip]

[26M 5'10" SW:305 CW:283 GW:190] First of all I love reading this subreddit and it gives my some much motivation toward my own goals!

I think at my heaviest I was at 310 and what really jump started my weight loss journey was when I calculated what my daily caloric intake was. How the hell was I eating 3000 to 4000 calories a day?

The lazy part is just because I’m not super involved with counting every calorie, having dedicated workouts, etc. I slowly added the following things over the last 3 months and with 22 pounds lost I’m at around 20% of my goal! I’ll try to make a post every 3 months months here mostly to track my own progress.

So here are the changes I made:

  • Keep a daily journal of what I ate and the “mood” of how well I did for that day that is color coded in the app. I used the “Year in Pixels” app for this.
  • Bought a big water bottle and chug it all day if I can (this is a big one)
  • NO calories in what I drink. Diet soda if anything, as well as a coffee.
  • When I watch youtube or netflix I am standing and walking, kind of a big loop around the room. This is actually my main form of exercise at the moment.
  • Intermittent daily fasting. I don’t eat until after 7pm most days. I also try not to eat after 10pm. This is a little loose but I think it’s a good habit.
  • Extra days of fasting: every third day I try to eat 500-800 calories less.
  • No sneaking out of the house late at night for fast food or gas station snacks.
  • Limit fast food as much as possible, however if I do get it (normally taco bell) check the calories of what I’m getting online.

Other things that are good habits

  • Make my bed every morning.
  • Have a bedtime and a time when I should be up.
  • Take a multivitamin. Does it help? Not sure. Is it harmful? Most likely not

That’s it! I still don’t eat the healthiest nor do I exercise a lot but I still lost a fifth of my goal. I would imagine that the closer I get the more that those things matter but when I get to that point I’ll do what I need to do. Thanks for reading and I hope this is helpful to someone!

submitted by /u/Sillyturdle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D3Nsmq

No comments:

Post a Comment