Monday, November 5, 2018

NSV: A personal trainer at my local gym congratulated me on my weight loss

I went to the gym today, and a personal trainer who works there just came up to me and asked me how much weight I've lost because I look so much better now. I told him I'm down 50 lbs, and he said it really really shows, congratulated me, and told me not to give up, because the good part is coming. This all came after a 2 week long stall that sent me to a really dark place mentality-wise, which led to a weekend I felt pretty guilty about (i.e. alcohol, eating junk and not really tracking my calories). This might be my best day ever, even considering the day I lost my virginity.

When I've read stories like this on this sub my jealousy was at an all time high, and I was trying to calm myself by thinking these stories can't be true, professional trainers don't comment on your weight loss journey if you're not their client, etc. Well, some of them do, they recognize your efforts and results, and motivating others isn't only their job, it's what they do everyday.

If you see someone at the gym regularly doing their thing and making progress, don't hesitate congratulating them on it. It will not only make their day or week, but also motivate them even when they're feeling a little down.

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't include progress pics, I'm just not there yet, I'm still insecure about my body.

submitted by /u/313to218
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F5QRDW

No comments:

Post a Comment