Thursday, November 15, 2018

22/F Starting my journey, looking for tips !

Hi guys, long term lurker first time poster. I'm a 22 year old female college student and I'm ready to make a great change in my life. In terms of stats I'm 5"8 and I weigh about 185 pounds which rounds me out at a BMI of about 26.8. According to the TDEE Calculator I found on this subreddit that means I need to lose around 30 pounds to get to my ideal weight of 154 pounds which is about what I weighed before going off to college and getting into a lot of bad eating and sedentary habits.

I decided at first to start this journey to get healthier and not to lose weight but now that i'm in the swing of things I thought might as well fix a goal right ? I started couch to 5k last week which gets me running three times a week and my scoliosis doctor told me that I should go swimming twice a week so I do that for around 30 to 45 minutes every wednesday and friday. I'm a vegetarian and tend to eat a lot of cheese and crap so I've decided to start logging my meals on the Samsung Health app I have on my phone because last time I did that I realised that I started eating healthier and cheated less in terms of takeaways and junk food.

The main reason for this post is to keep me accountable for my actions and to keep at it but it's also to get tips from other people ! How do I stay motivated ? What are good meals for vegetarians on a weight loss journey ? How do you fight the urge to order delivery food ? I'm accepting all and any advice anyone has, especially if you've been in a similar spot to me ! Also, if I keep up my exercise how long do you think it'll take me to lose the weight and am I doing too much ? I'm pretty scared I might be over doing it.

Thank you for reading !

submitted by /u/laurenzaccio
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Do5Syg

No comments:

Post a Comment